StratPlan Strategic Planning Software Review
StratPlan strategic planning software offers a good range of critical analytical tools and planning concepts, and is a solid option for small- to-medium-sized businesses operating in virtually any industry. StratPlan is also the first strategic planning software that provides meaningful outputs that enables managers, business owners & CEOs to craft realistic strategic plans that are distinctly achievable. StratPlan is only compatible with Windows however a version for Mac computers will not be too far off.
While StratPlan offers many of the industry’s tried-and-tested strategic planning analytical tools – such as Balanced Scorecard, Porter 5 Forces, PESTLE, SWOT, KSF etc., commonly used by many large organisations, it stands out for its time-saving pre-input principles and ‘click-to-add’ feature. This feature allows users to input facts, principles and strategies by on their own data or intelligence bringing strategic thinking into any business. StratPlan guides strategic thinking in any business as it incorporates a unique five step framework that follows a logical process to planning. It then allows users to interrogate their industry, including their competitors and thereafter select from its extensive database of strategies to suite the company’s vision, mission and strategic objectives. It creates a strategic map, strategic plan and also has a nifty monitoring & tracking dashboard that allows managers, business owners and CEOs to initiate corrective adjustments in light of actual experience, changing conditions, new ideas, and new opportunities.
Unlike other strategic planning software tools, StratPlan is designed with simplicity and ease of use and because of it desktop-based system it is as easy to install, as it is to update or remove. The software also allows users to print or save plans to a personal drive which avoids the software itself hosting trade secrets.
Although StratPlan includes many useful features, it falls a little short in a few areas. It doesn’t run on Mac and it is not built to integrate with existing software systems. The developers built the software as a standalone tool because of owners and CEOs reluctance to share trade secrets with general employees or just allowing these business roadmap falling in the wrong hands. If you do not plan on keeping the software in your business, the outputs are encrypted meaning that if you wanted to amend your plan, you wouldn’t be able to without StratPlan. This is another security feature of StratPlan.
Some of the features in StratPlan include:
Set your company’s direction
- Evaluate your existing or develop a new Vision Statement
- Evaluate your existing or develop a new Mission Statement
- Evaluate your existing or develop a new set of Company Values
- Evaluate your existing or develop a new set of Company Objectives using our balanced scorecard approach
Think strategically about your company’s external environment
- Using PESTLE analysis evaluate your external environment
- Using Porters Five Forces of Competition evaluate your company’s competitive forces
- Evaluate the Forces Driving Change in your industry
- Evaluate your company’s market position against (up to 10) key competitors using Strategic Group Maps
- Analyse your competitors strategy using our Competitor Analysis framework
Craft promising strategies
- Assess your industries outlook from analysis of your external environment
- Analyse SWOT conclusions from analysing your company’s internal environment
- Select from our database of generic strategies
- Select Focus or Broad – Cost Leadership or Differentiation Strategies
- Select strategies to remedy cost or value disadvantages
- Select strategies to improve the effectiveness of your customer’s value proposition
- Select strategies to improve supplier related value chain activities
- Select strategies to improve value chain activities of forward channel
- Select offensive strategies, defensive strategies and strategies to compete with rivals
iMonitor developments, track performance and initiate corrective actions
- StratPlan outputs your company’s strategy map
- Input actions against your company’s strategic plan
- Use StratPlan’s monitoring and tracking database to track performance and initiate changes
- Print or email your strategic plan, strategic map and your monitoring & tracking performance dashboard
- StratPlan auto saves your plan so you never have to worry about losing your analysis and strategic plan
- StratPlan never stores data so you will never have to worry about your trade secrets falling in the wrong hands
- StratPlan can load onto your desktop and does not have to integrate with any of your existing system
StratPlan isn’t as glamourous or project management oriented as most other programs, but it has a lot of useful features and tools that should appeal to a wide range of businesses. It also rates as the best program for small & medium businesses at its highly affordable price.
StratPlan Strategic Planning Software Review